Oil Castor is an edible or vegetable oil obtained by pressing the seeds of the castor plant scientifically known as Ricinus Communis. It has got its name Castor as it is considered to be a replacement of castoreum a perfume base. It is largely found in Asian and African countries.
Castor oil is a very pale yellow colored liquid with a very distinguishable taste and odor. It is widely used for various types of ailments and treatments. Thanks to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Following are some of the major uses of Castor Oil.
Castor oil also treats many skin problems due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It is widely used to treat sunburns, acne and dry skin. It treats various skin conditions such as-
- Heals inflamed skin – Castor oil helps in treating sun burns and inflamed skin by just a little amount of its application.
- Fights signs of Aging – castor oil when applied to your skin go down deeply and help in the production of collagen and elastin. This softens and hydrates your skin and minimizes the signs of aging providing you a glowing skin.
- Helps to reduce Acne problems – Riconelic acid present in it helps to find acne causing bacteria and kills it. It also minimizes the inflammation and helps in removing the acne scars.
- Keeps your skin moisturized – the highly concentrated fatty acids in castor oil help to keep your skin moisturized for all day long.
- Removes Blemishes – Again the highly concentrated fatty acids in Castor oil help to build healthy tissues which fade away blemishes.
- Fades out Stretch Marks- Credit goes to highly concentrated fatty acids in the oil that fades way the stretch marks that show up after pregnancy or excessive weight gain.
- Helps to fight Pigmentation – Omega 3 fatty acids present in castor oil prevent and reduce Pigmentation.
Castor Oil also has amazing hair benefits also. Some of them are as follows –
- Promotes hair growth
- Helps in fighting various scalp infections.
- Helps in preventing premature graying.
- Acts as a natural hair conditioner.
Castor is used a vegetable oil owing to the fact that it has numerous health benefits. It is a very good source of ricinoleic acid which is a monounsaturated fatty acid and it is more polar than other fats. Its due to this fact that Castor seeds command a higher price than many of the other oil seeds. It is used in various types of medicines and medicinal oils. Following are some of the main benefits:
- Treats skin infections such as Ringworms.
- Used as a disinfectant for wounds and cut.
- Acts as a Laxative. Ricinoleic acid in it acts a laxative and can relieve you if you are suffering from constipation problems.
- Relieves in joint pains and Arthritis.
- Helps to increase immunity. Castor oil helps in increasing number of T-11 cells. T-11 cells form antibodies against pathogens thus improving your health quality
- Helps in treating back pains. Its anti-inflammatory properties provide relief in joint pains, sore muscles and nerve inflammation.